Sunday, June 01, 2008

No Bake Oatmeal Cookies

I found this cookie recipe online and the cookies have quickly become a family favorite. They are great for summer days since you don't have to actually bake them! Let me know if you try them!

** sidenote but don't tell the family- To add a bit-o-nutrition and offset the large amount of sugar, I add wheatgerm & flax meal to my cookies. Neither changes the flavor of the cookies & both are available at Trader Joe's, any health store and even a few larger grocery stores.


NO BAKE CHOCOLATE OATMEAL COOKIES

1 stick butter
1/4 c. cocoa
1/2 c. milk
2 c. sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla
1/2 c. peanut butter (we use more but my family loves peanut butter!)
3 c. oats
In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients except peanut butter and oats and cook over medium heat.

Let boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.

Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and oats.

Spoon out quickly onto wax paper or aluminum foil or spread them in a 9X9 or 13X9 pan (choose pan depending on how thick you like your cookies) for bar cookies.

Cookies will harden as they set (although, there is nothing wrong with spoon eating them while they are still warm!)

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I'm so glad you posted this! I will try it as soon as I buy cocoa! No flax yet, but I will definitely add some wheat germ that I got at my "small town" market.

Tonya Staab said...

Fabulous, I will be sure to try it.

I tried the Supercook website you gave me a few days ago after picking up a wonderful batch of vegetables and OMG I'm sooo addicted to the site now so thank you.